Links to Help for Farmers, Ranchers Impacted by Floods

Flooding in Nebraska ( Nebraska State Patrol via MGN )

Assistance available to help cope with devastating impacts of severe weather

— Nebraska blizzard/flooding resources. The Nebraska Department of Agriculture has put together the following resources available to farmers and ranchers affected by severe weather:

NDA Resources

State Agency Resources

Federal Agency Resources

Additional Resources

Further resources and assistance can be found by calling the Nebraska Rural Response Hotline at 800-464-0258. The Hotline is resource for individuals and families who may be feeling overwhelmed with stress, depression, or other mental health related issues.

— Iowa flooding links. The Iowa Department of Agriculture and Land Stewardship (IDALS) detailed several resources available over the internet for Iowans and farmers coping with this spring’s severe flooding that has devastated many western Iowa communities and farms. The information: 

State Agency Resources:

  • Flooded grain fact sheet. Link
  • Flooding and Stored Grain fact sheet: Link
  • Disaster assistance: Information on disaster assistance and the application link, and a current list of counties with disaster proclamations. Link
  • Iowa Concern Hotline: As Iowans deals with this devastation, stress can take a toll. To find help regarding stress, disaster recovery, or legal education, call the toll-free hotline at 1-800-447-1985 or visit this link.
  • Road updates: For information about road closures you may dial 511 or obtain information online at this link.
  • Governor’s press releases: The updated disaster proclamations are announced through the Governor’s office. Link
  • Iowa Department of Natural Resources disaster assistance information can be found at this link.
  • Insurance information: If Iowans have questions or concerns regarding their insurance coverage, they can contact the Iowa Insurance Division. 515-281-5705, link.
  • To volunteer, contact Red Cross, Salvation Army, or Habitat for Humanity. To volunteer with livestock relief, contact your local Emergency Response Coordinator and the county supervisor. A link to their county coordinators can be found at this link.

Federal Agency Resources

  • USDA Reference Guide: Use this guide for federal assistance offered. Link.
  • gives a list of resources that can be used for recovery. Link.
  • List of county Farm Service Agency (FSA) offices. Link.
  • Livestock Indemnity Program Fact Sheet: This FSA program financially assists producers when they suffer loss of livestock due to adverse weather. Link.
  • Emergency Conservation Program Fact Sheet: ECP can provide some cost-share assistance to rehabilitate farmland damaged by natural disasters. It also can provide cost-share assistance to help restore fences damaged or lost due to natural disaster. Link.