Hog Slat, Inc. expands in North Carolina with new store opening
Hog Slat announces a new store location in Laurinburg, North Carolina to serve swine and poultry producers.
Hog Slat, Inc., a globally recognized livestock equipment manufacturer and supplier, announces a new store opening in Laurinburg, N.C.
The Laurinburg store opened on October 21, marking the 13th North Carolina store location for Hog Slat.
The 6,000-square-foot store will carry a full line of production equipment for swine, poultry and turkey producers featuring Hog Slat’s exclusive line of GrowerSELECT ventilation and feeding equipment, a company release said.
“It continues to be an exciting time for Hog Slat as we celebrate a new store opening in North Carolina. For more than 50 years, Hog Slat has worked to be the most dependable supplier of repair and replacement parts for swine and poultry equipment, and we look forward to serving our new customers in Laurinburg, North Carolina,” Alan Riley, Hog Slat’s National Retail Manager, said.
For more information, visit hogslat.com/hog-slat-laurinburg-nc.
Lallemand Animal Nutrition awards $14,000 in scholarships
The 2019 Lallemand Forward Scholarship committee announced the recipients of five scholarships awarded this school year. This is the fifth year of the scholarship program, which has provided $67,500 to students since its inception in 2015.
More than 200 applications were received from 40 universities throughout North America, said Jeff Ast, commercial director at Lallemand Animal Nutrition, North and South America.
The Lallemand Forward Scholarships recognize students at the doctoral, master’s and undergraduate levels who are excelling in their agricultural programs.
The 2019 Forward scholarship winners are:
• Ben Saylor, pursuing a doctoral degree in animal science at the University of Florida
• Conor McCabe, pursuing a master’s degree in animal sciences at Purdue University
• Elisabeth Forker, pursuing a doctor of veterinary medicine degree at Iowa State University
• Paige Gaffney, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in agriculture business at South Dakota State University
• Jacob Sterle, pursuing a bachelor’s degree in animal science and international agriculture at Iowa State University
For more information about Lallemand Animal Nutrition and Lallemand Forward, visit lallemandanimalnutrition.com/.
More from Farm Journal's PORK: