Editor's note: Stop by booth #785 to say "hi" to our sales and editorial staff, pick up our latest issue and sign-up to win a Carhartt jacket.
Ready or not, here it comes! The 2016 World Pork Expo kicks off June 8 in Des Moines, Iowa. More than 20,000 pork producers, employees and industry professionals from nearly 50 countries are expected to flood the Iowa State Fairgrounds later this week for the industry's biggest trade show.
"The Expo seminars provide a tremendous opportunity for pork producers running all types and sizes of operations to collect new ideas to take back home," says John Webber, NPPC president and pork producer from Dysart, Iowa. "Pork producers are continually learning, and these seminars offer forums where producers can ask questions specific to their operations, exchange insights and develop business strategies for the future."
The trade show and expo, which run through June 10, offer a plethora of activities and events for pig lovers of all ages:
- More than 300,000 square feet of exhibit space filled with the newest products, services and technologies for producing pork
- Free educational seminars where producers can get updates, learn new practices and review research
- Live hogs on display in the swine barn, highlighted by the World Pork Expo Junior National
- MusicFest on Thursday afternoon for Expo-goers to sit back, relax and enjoy grilled pork
- Face painting and balloon sculpting beginning at 9:30 in the morning for the kids - and the kids at heart