TheAgCareers.comeighth annualAgribusiness Job Reportis available now, showcasing the depth of opportunities in the agricultural industry. This analysis of 2015 trends yields an encouraging outlook; agriculture companies are looking to fill job openings with qualified talent and candidates are increasingly considering opportunities in the ag industry through AgCareers.com.
Demonstrating the strength of the ag industry, the report found that the number of jobs posted on AgCareers.com increased by 26% in 2015, to a record high of 81,386 North American jobs.
An analysis of jobs posted on AgCareers.com highlights the variety of positions available in ag-related fields. Jobs posted ranged in industry type, such as food and beverage processing, plant & soil sciences, equipment, manufacturing and technical, seed and biotechnology, to animal production, which appeal to a large audience of candidates. Jobs were from a wide variety of career types, from sales/retail to manufacturing, accounting, technician, operations, business development, on-farm, and more.
Interest in agricultural industry careers is growing and candidates are increasing their exploration of opportunities using AgCareers.com.Visits towww.AgCareers.comwere up 33% in 2015, to nearly 2.3 million. AgCareers.com's social media following experienced continued growth in 2015. Job seekers were eager to add their resume to the AgCareers.com database, with more than 9,000 new North American resumes added in 2015.
Following are a few highlights of the 2015 report
- On average, almost 6,800 North American jobs were posted on AgCareers.com each month.
- Based on the number of jobs posted, the largest region in the U.S. was the Midwest, while the largest Canadian region was the Prairies.
- The number of North American internship opportunities posted on AgCareers.com was nearly 1,800 in 2015.
- The majority of applicants on AgCareers.com had an education level of a bachelor's degree or higher (64%).
- More than half (54%) of applicants had an ag-based post-secondary education.
- AgCareers.com attracts a diverse array of applicants with experience; 33% had 10-plus years of experience from a variety of occupations.
The Agribusiness Job Report contains information based on an analysis of jobs posted onAgCareers.com, job seeker activity onAgCareers.com, and insight from the employers using our services.
Download free copies of the full reports at the following links: